RE: [Exim] Exim-4.32: ldap operations error

Author: Hochstrasser Benedikt
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim-4.32: ldap operations error
John Dalbec wrote:

>> condition = "${lookup ldap {USER=ldap_query@??? \ <snip>

> My users don't look like this, but I do put quotes around the user

name.

I had them either way (USER="cn=ldap_query,dc=......") with the same
result. And the authentication works, I get a different error if that
doesn't work.

> Splitting the LDAP URL across lines may cause problems. AFAIR spaces
> are not legal in URLs. Try using one long line for the URL.

Tried that too. No go. (Exim 3.36 is perfectly happy with the syntax
above, against the same openldap libraries, so I suspect it's something
in the way exim 4 interacts with an Active Directory LDAP (NULL session?
Simple connect? <shrug>)

> HTH,

It didn't, unfortunately. But thanks for your thoughts. :)

--
Ben

(bhoc.nospam@???)