Re: [Exim] $host and CNAME

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: exim-users
CC: Andreas Metzler
Temat: Re: [Exim] $host and CNAME
On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Philip Hazel wrote:

> However, reading the code, I cannot see why it should be changing the
> name to the new one in the example you give. I will have to set up a
> test to try to figure out exactly what is happening.

I obviously needed my lunch. If you read the right bit of code it is
quite clear. When a host is looked up in the manualroute router, the
name gets updated to the "canonical" FQDN if it is changed by the DNS
lookup process. There is no way to keep the original and and pass it
over to the transport, I'm afraid.

I thought of suggesting that you remember the value yourself. You can do
this using address_data:

smarthost:
  driver = manualroute
  address_data = DCsmarthost       <==================
  domains = ! +local_domains
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = * DCsmarthost
  host_find_failed = defer
  same_domain_copy_routing = yes
  no_more

Then $address_data should be available in the transport, and also in the
authenticator that is called from the transport.

However, this won't work if DCsmarthost is a list of smart hosts, and
maybe that's what you are trying to cover?