[Exim] Exim-4.32: ldap operations error

Autor: Hochstrasser Benedikt
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] Exim-4.32: ldap operations error
Hi all,

I thought it was about time to look into upgrading my trusty exim 3.36
to 4.32.
I configured it to use ldap(version2) lookups to check if the user
exists.

Upon "exim -d -bt someuser@???" I get (amongst other stuff) the
following error:

LDAP search failed - error 1: Operations error/00000000: LdapErr:
DSID-0C0905FF, comment: In order to perform this operation a successful
bind must be completed on the connection., data 0, vece

I tried with openldap-2.2.10 and openldap-2.1.29 (aka stable 20040329),
with the same result. Exim 3.36 works just fine with either ldap
library.

Here's the relevant part (routers configuration) of the .conf:

localdomains:
  driver = domainlist
  domains = mydomain1.ch : myotherdomain.ch : mythirddomain.org
  transport = local_smtp
  route_list = mydomain1.ch      exchange1:exchange2 byname; \
               myotherdomain.ch  exchange1:exchange2 byname; \
             mythirddomain.org exchange1:exchange2 byname
  condition = "${lookup ldap {USER=ldap_query@???
PASS=ldap_password \
                ldap:///dc=mydomain,dc=lan?mail?sub? \
                (proxyAddresses=smtp:${quote_ldap:$local_part@$domain})
\
                } {$value} fail } \
              "

The ldap "target" domain is a Windows 2000 Active Directory. Openldap's
ldapquery works fine with the credentials above. I promptly get an auth
error with the .conf when I give eg a wrong password.

As said, Exim 3.36 has no problems here.

With Kind Regards

Benedikt Hochstrasser
bhoc.nospam@???