Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address
Scott Call wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Franz Georg [utf-8] Köhler wrote:
>
> > On Apr 20, 2004 at 04:59:28 -0700, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> > > They might - for example - alert their customer that they
> > > have a virus.
> >
> > I think Russell's point is that the zone contact is the wrong
> > addressee.
>
> On IN-ADDR.ARPA records, I'd argue that the SOA is a better contact than
> abuse@/postmaster@ the domain the PTR specifies.

And you actually expect the DNS contact to look at and read non-DNS
related email??
And you expect that the SOA contact address is actually looked at on
a more regular basis than the postmaster address??
And you expect that the SOA contact has some kind of information that
you do not as to contacting those responsible for the email problem??
And you expect that the SOA contact can actually do anything about
correcting the problem??
And you expect... oh hell, I'll just stop there.

..[The rest has been snipped]...

--

--EAL--