Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Scott Call
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Feature Request - SOA email address
<-- Warning: charset 'X-UNKNOWN' is not supported -->

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Franz Georg [utf-8] K??hler wrote:

> On Di, Apr 20, 2004 at 04:59:28 -0700, Marc Perkel <marc@???> wrote:
> > They might - for example - alert their customer that they have a virus.
>
> I think Russell's point is that the zone contact is the wrong addressee.

On IN-ADDR.ARPA records, I'd argue that the SOA is a better contact than
abuse@/postmaster@ the domain the PTR specifies.

For example if I have a customer scottsdots.com the SOA on the
IN-ADDR.ARPA zone would be hostmaster@???, which is correct
because abuse@??? and postmaster@??? most likely go
to (if anyone) an semi computer literate windows admin.

Now extracting an abuse address with the domain in the SOA might be a
better solution, but the SOA of an IN_ADDR.ARPA domain must, by
definition, be able to act as a point of contact. For non IN-ADDR zones,
abuse@domain is probably the best way to go.

-Scott

--
Scott Call    Router Geek, ATGi, home of $6.95 Prime Rib
I make the world a better place, I boycott Wal-Mart