Re: [Exim] recently getting smtp errors from gmx

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Konstantin Kletschke
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] recently getting smtp errors from gmx
Am 2004-04-20 17:28 +0100 schrieb Peter Bowyer:

> The point you're missing is that your servers are not authoratative for the
> reverse zone which your IPs live in - your ISP is.

So the point is "host 62.67.222.139" will never work like i wan't to?
Than I have understand something :)

I made my in-addr.arpa entries more explicit (with 4 instead of only
3 octets) and gmx is happy now anyhow...

> You need to ask them to
> put in rDNS entries for you, or (less likely) delegate the zone to your name
> servers.

I will try that after the Server has moved. One Harddisk is dying and
at that occasion it moves from town to town with new IPs and all that
stuff o_O

> (If you don't understand the basics here, don't go asking them to
> sub-delegate a CIDR rDNS zone to you. It'll have your brain in bits for
> weeks).

:)

Konsti

--