Re: [Exim] tls problems in exim-4.32 (was 4.30)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: T. Horsnell (tsh)
To: exim-users
CC: ph10
Betreff: Re: [Exim] tls problems in exim-4.32 (was 4.30)

>>   int getsockname(
>>           int socket,
>>           struct sockaddr *address,
>>           socklen_t *address_len );

>That's the standard definition.
>
>> [XNS4.0] The definition of the getsockname() function in XNS4.0 uses a
>> size_t data type instead of a socklen_t data type as specified in XNS5.0
>> (the previous definition).
>>
>> [Tru64 UNIX] The following definition of the getsockname() function does
>> not conform to current standards and is supported only for backward compa-
>> tibility (see standards(5)):
>>
>> #include <sys/socket.h>
>>
>>   int getsockname(
>>           int socket,
>>           struct sockaddr *address,
>>           int *address_len );

>Aha! That's where it says "int", and I guess that's what was seen while
>you were compiling. I *could* change the Exim source, but would this be
>right for all OSF1 systems? I have no idea. Any OSF1 experts reading
>this?

Well, I've bodged it for the moment by:

#define SOCKLEN_T    int

in build-OSF1-alpha/os.h

I've also discovered why I was getting complaints about things like:
tls_advertise_hosts = *
in my configure file, and yet the test exim continued to run.

Having read the Local/Makefile a bit more, I see that the
BIN_DIRECTORY entry is not just used by 'make install', but is
also used by exim to invoke copies of itself.
I didnt realise this at first, and I had it pointing to a directory
which contained the exim binary for our production system, and so
*this* version was being invoked by the test version.

Sorry to have wasted your time...

Cheers,
Terry.