Re: [Exim] Filter Question - mail

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Kelley Reynolds
Υ/ο: Lists - Exim
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Filter Question - mail
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Kelley Reynolds wrote:

> This is probably a wishlist item, but I have a set of filters that
> extract the subject and sender and send them to a mobile network for a
> poor-mans SMS notification. Unfortunately, they recently altered their
> network so that blank senders can only very recipients, not actually
> send data. The 'mail' filter command lets me do nigh anything I want
> with the headers, but appears to send the message using a blank
> envelope sender. Is there a snowballs chance I'm missing something or
> that this would be easy to fix?

Automatic messages are sent with blank envelope senders so that they
cannot provoke automatic responses.

The only way you could do something about your problem would be to
somehow recognize these messages, route them to a special transport, and
then use the "return_path" option to rewrite the envelope sender at
transport time. One possibility would be to use a special header in the
message. For added safety, you could recognize this only if the message
originated locally ($sender_host_address is empty).