Re: [Exim] Some more broken ACL's

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Alan J. Flavell
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim users list
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Some more broken ACL's
On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Peter Bowyer wrote:

> I guess the secondary isn't under your control - if you feel you
> really need a secondary, maybe it's time to rent a tiny corner of
> the internet to run it on.

You have a point, sure.

Where the same techique can be really handy, however, is where users
are getting mail forwarded from some other account elsewhere, e.g on
alumni servers or from other research establishments where they work -
those servers really aren't under our control, but just the same
technique can be used for detecting spam "leakage" through them. It
works well for us (admittedly, our rejection then probably provokes
the would-be forwarding host into producing a "collateral bounce" for
every faked item that we reject, but I'm afraid that's on their
responsibility, not mine).

I really DO NOT want to start accepting mail that I don't want, and
quietly dropping it into a black hole. That's no way to run a reliable
mail service.

cheers