RE: [Exim] Exim-Exiscan 4.22-12 w/SA scanning outgoing mail

Author: Dickenson, Steven
To: 'thiesi@NetWorkXXIII.de', exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Exim-Exiscan 4.22-12 w/SA scanning outgoing mail
Mirko Thiesen wrote:
> I've been using Exim-Exiscan 4.22-12 in combination with SpamAssassin
> for some months now on one of my NetBSD boxes. Only recently I
> noticed that SA is also checking my *outbound* email and not only my
> inbound. I know for sure that this behaviour hasn't been there all
> the time, but I can't remember what I might have done to provoke this
> behaviour. Actually even mail not leaving my system at all (i.e.
> local mail) is being scanned by SA.

If we could see your DATA ACL, it would make things easier. Also, a little
information on your setup would help. Is this server relaying mail for
internal machines, is it local mail, etc.

I have an ACL early on in the data phase that says

accept hosts = +relay_from hosts

so that I don't virus scan or spam scan outgoing e-mail coming from my
internal Exchange server. If you're talking about locally submitted mail,
you can use a similar line (accept hosts = @).

Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@???>