RE: [Exim] Frozen deferred messages

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: A. Wik
Υ/ο: Mike Bethune, exim-users
Αντικείμενο: RE: [Exim] Frozen deferred messages
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, A. Wik wrote:

> I made a small test program to see if I could confirm the
> hypothesis that signal handlers get lost on fork(), but
> I could not. It also doesn't seem to be necessary to restore
> the handler after it's been used.
>
> Perhaps this code in daemon.c has something to do with it?
>
>         /* Reset signals in the child */

>         signal(SIGALRM, SIG_DFL);
>         signal(SIGHUP,  SIG_DFL);
>         signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_DFL);

I'll check that out, but we were talking about a delivery problem here,
and a delivery process has done a re-exec on the Exim binary, so the
signal handlers should have all been reset.

Hmm. There are some non-standard configurations where the re-exec does
not happen. Mike, can you confirm that you are running a "standard" type
of configuration? (exim setuid to root, for example).

Philip