Re: [Exim] need more newbie help..

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] need more newbie help..
Dean Brooks wrote:

..[snip]...

> Ultimately, given the wide scope of things you want to do, my personal
> opinion is to abandon the books (not all will agree with me, but again,
> its my own opinion) and begin reading the docs/spec.txt file that comes
> with the Exim distribution. It is incredibly well written, well
> organized, and even gives a broad overview of how Exim works in the
> early chapters. It's a long read, but you'll be forever lost until you
> are familiar with most of its contents.
>
> There are lots of examples of Exim configuration files in the public
> domain, and the list members will gladly forward you answers for
> specific questions you may have.

I will just add that I have never read Phillips book, all of things I know
about exim are from the included documentation of the source
(spec/faq/examples/etc) trial-and-error, and of course this list. So far
I have not found anything that I want to do with exim and not be able to do
so in one fashion or another. Exim can be enjoyably complex, or
entertainingly simple ;)

There are many things that I have in my own configurations that I have
redone in a simple manner after first useing some complex routine to do the
job first, kind of like programing, you use what you know or what you can
pick up from others, and many times, there are more than six ways to skin
the cat.

--

--EAL--