Re: [Exim] block local user on using SMTP relay

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] block local user on using SMTP relay
Hi TechSupport, on Fri, 16 Apr 2004 01:29:15 +0800 you wrote:

> X-Silicon Communication Sdn Bhd-MailScanner-Information: Please contact
> the ISP for more information X-Silicon Communication Sdn
> Bhd-MailScanner: Found to be clean X-MailScanner-From:
> techsupport@???

Was that really supposed to be in the body of the message?

> May I know how to block local user on using SMTP relay?

What do you mean, exactly? If you want to stop users on the local machine
connecting to port 25/tcp and sending mail, then removing 127.0.0.1 from
the hostlist relay_from_hosts may do the trick for you. This won't,
however, stop people (with permission to do so) running Exim from the
command line and sending mail that way.

Tim