[Exim] local_delivery option problem: option "prefix" unknow…

Author: Michael
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] local_delivery option problem: option "prefix" unknown
Hi All,

I am trying to setup SquirrelMail to work with exim on my mail server. I am running into an exim related problem. When I set exim.conf as the following:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
# file = /var/mail/$local_part
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
group = mail
directory = ${home}/Maildir
maildir_format
prefix = ""
mode = 0660

I receive the following error when attempting to send a test message (using mail):

caliban:/usr/share/exim-4.31# mail -s "test message" mjj
a local test
caliban:/usr/share/exim-4.31# 2004-04-14 15:52:20 Exim configuration error in line 495 of /etc/exim/exim.conf:
option "prefix" unknown

If I comment out the prefix option, then the send mail works fine. However, in this case, Squirrelmail cannot access any folders.

If anyone has any tips, I would appreciate it.

Cheers,
Michael