Re: [Exim] envelope-sender blacklisting - thoughts?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Andrew - Supernews
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim users list
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] envelope-sender blacklisting - thoughts?

>> It would be possible to do this in ACLs if only the dnsdb lookup
>> could be fixed to behave in a controllable manner on
>> deferrals. (It's possible to do it anyway, but at the cost of
>> permanently deferring all mail from sites with certain types of
>> DNS problems.)

Edgar> Just a note here, I found that ensuring there is a . <dot> at
Edgar> the end of the string to be looked up gets rid of most
Edgar> 'errors' that cause defer's, at least on RedHat 8 systems. I
Edgar> cannot say that it is a fix-all for everything with dnsdb
Edgar> lookups but it helps tremendously, you may give it a try.

None of the deferral errors I've seen were in any way related to that.

Reading the source, dnsdb lookups should be done with both RES_DEFNAMES
and RES_DNSRCH turned off, so adding a final . should only make a difference
if the resolver is broken.

--
Andrew, Supernews
http://www.supernews.com