Re: [Exim] making exim *receive* as well as send mail...

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: seberino
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Dan Egli
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] making exim *receive* as well as send mail...
> >You were talking about "local_domains=" switch in exim.conf.
> >I didn't touch that. Should I mess with that?
>
> I would/did. If you expect exim on this box to GET mail, you need to
> tell it what domains it can accept mail for.

Thanks again!

The following line is the default in Exim:

domainlist local_domains = @

Are you saying the default is to not accept emails from anywhere
with "exim -bd"???

I would have guessed that by default most would want Exim to accept
emails from *anywhere*. How do I change this line (if I must)
in order to make Exim mail server accept from anybody??

BTW, if my local_domains switch was untouched, I'm curious why
the log we analyzed didn't complain about this.

Can I ask you one more question? :) Do you start your
Exim mail server daemon with "exim -bd"?? i.e. do you add more
switches that are useful for any reason?

Thanks again,

Chris

_______________________________________

Christian Seberino, Ph.D.