Re: [Exim] exim amavisd-new trouble

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Craig Kelley
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Markus Eckerl
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] exim amavisd-new trouble
On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 09:31 +0200, Markus Eckerl wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I am running exim-4.30 with the mySQL backend and amavisd-new. Everything is working fine but unfortunatelly exim is receiving and queueing all mail. I think I made a little mistake - configuring exim the wrong way.
> The scenario should work the following way:
> 1. exim listens on port 25 for mail.
> 2. if new mail arrives exim searches weather the receiver and the sender address are valid.
> 3. if the addresses are valid exim delivers the mail.
>
> now my scenario:
> 1. exim listens on port 25 for mail.
> 2. if new mail arrives exim delivers it to amavisd-new!
> This is extremly bad because there are several bounces and exim will delay email for the specific domains!

Here's how we use Amavis:

# Virus Checker -- run if received protocol isn't from spamassassin *or*
amavis
amavis_router:
condition = ${if or {{eq{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}{eq
{$received_protocol}{scanned-ok}}} {0}{1}}
driver = accept
transport = amavis
domains = ! +virus_problems
# verify must be set to false, to avoid troubles with receiver and/or
# sender verify
verify = false

And here's the transport:

# Virus Checker
amavis:
driver = pipe
command = /path/to/amavis -f <$sender_address> -d $pipe_addresses
# for debugging change return_output to true
return_output = false
return_path_add = false
user = amavisuser
group = amavisgroup
path = "/bin:/usr/bin"
current_directory = "/path/to/amavis/dir"

The "virus_problems" domain list contains domains from which mail MUST
be delivered, even if it has a virus (don't ask me, but people freak out
if they don't get viruses from those domains I suppose). We do this:

Accept Mail -> Amavis -> Spamassassin -> Delivery

Where the mail leaves Exim to go to Amavis and then re-enteres Exim and
leaves again to go to Spamassassin.

--
Craig Kelley <ckelley@???>
In-Store Broadcasting Network