Re: [Exim] "defer" being written to mainlog/rejectlog!

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Odhiambo G. Washington
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] "defer" being written to mainlog/rejectlog!
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer. I only forgot to mention that I had read the
> spec.txt.
> My confusion is arising from the fact that this logging is not happening
> in a 4.30 system as it's happening on a 4.31 system.
> I am sorry I mentioned in my earlier posting that both boxes are running
> 4.30 (tm). That was incorrect. One box running 4.30 doesn't write the
> "message" to the logs. It's the 4.31 that is writing to both
> {main|reject}.log files.
>
> The spec.txt assumes 4.30, correct? I am still confused.

Yes, but nothing relevant has changed. Having diffed the code, all that
seems remotely relevant is this bug fix.

58. When a "warn" ACL statement has a log_message modifier, the message is
    remembered, and not repeated. This is to avoid a lot of repetition when a
    message has many recipients that cause the same warning to be written.
    Howewer, Exim was preserving the list of already written lines for an
    entire SMTP session, which doesn't seem right. The memory is now reset if a
    new message is started.

However, that applies specifically to "warn" statements, and your
problem was with "defer", I seem to recall. Nothing seems to have been
changed for that.

Philip