Re: [Exim] correct email addr to send bounces

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Richard Welty
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] correct email addr to send bounces
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:37:11 -0400 (EDT) Richard Welty <rwelty@???> wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:28:16 -0300 Martin Sarsale <msarsale@???> wrote:
> > We run a webserver with lots applications ran by different departments.
> > Some of this apps send mails to it's users and frecuently those mails
> > have errors (unexistant email addresses, etc).

> > We would like to add the corresponding mail headers so the bounced
> > emails go to the correct person. We've tried by adding the following
> > headers:

i got going too fast on the delete key, and so got a brief glance at your
reply before it went away.

you have more of a php problem than an exim problem. is your php
system configured to use SMTP or to call the "sendmail" program?
(the answer is in your /etc/php.ini file).

if it's using smtp, then you need to figure out how to get php to set
the envelope sender you want.

if you're using the "sendmail" method, i found an alternative method
that i'd never seen before on this page:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.mail.php

scroll down in it and you'll find an example of using exim's batch
smtp feature instead of the traditional -t option.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???