[Exim] Exim on OpenBSD 3.4/ Mailman

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Karl R. Balsmeier
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Παλιά Θέματα: [Exim] Mailman 2.1/Exim: OpenBSD or Linux
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Exim on OpenBSD 3.4/ Mailman
Howdy Noble Exim List!

I built Exim from ports using make, make install, make clean. I
edited /etc/exim/configure with the appropriate entries listed in
Mailman's README.Exim and README.OpenBSD files with regard to Exim 3
directors & transports.

I'm now looking to figure out:

1. Exim & Sendmail, I see that making a symlink is the method, rather
than ripping out sendmail, per Phillip Hazel: "On a system where Exim is
fully installed as a replacement for Sendmail, one or both of the paths
/usr/lib/sendmail or /usr/sbin/sendmail is a symbolic link to the Exim
binary. Therefore, any MUA, program, or script that attempts to send a
message by calling Sendmail actually calls Exim.[3]"

I translated this to mean:

# ln -s /usr/sbin/sendmail /usr/local/sbin/exim

When I exec this command, I get a "File exists" error. What's the best
way to correct this?

-karlski