Re: [Exim] Authenticated SMTP on port 587

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Bruce Richardson
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Authenticated SMTP on port 587
On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 11:28:49AM +0100, Alex Lomas wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently running Exim 4.31, and I want to run a separate instance
> of
> Exim on the submission port (587) that allows authenticated SMTP only.
> This
> instance of Exim would then deliver the message via remote SMTP or
> locally
> (either by SMTP or by inserting it into the queue).
>
> So far, I have this running by starting this separate instance of Exim
> with:
> exim -bd -oX 587 -C configure.587

There is no need to run a separate Exim process for the separate port
with a separate configuration file (and this approach is only causing
you problems. Simply have one configuration file and tell Exim to
listen on multiple ports. The port that a message is submitted on is
available in the $interface_port expansion variable, so you can test for
the port at the relevant time.

There are several ways to tell Exim to start on multiple ports: the
daemon_smtp_ports setting, the local_interfaces setting or the -oX
parameter. That done, you could add this to an ACL in your standard
config:

  accept  hosts = +auth_relay_hosts
          condition = ${if eq {$interface_port}{587} {yes}{no}}
          endpass
          message = relay not permitted, authentication required
          authenticated = *

It's almost always preferable to have one config file and check for the
various ways a message might be submitted, rather than having separate
config files for each possibility.

--
Bruce

The ice-caps are melting, tra-la-la-la. All the world is drowning,
tra-la-la-la-la. -- Tiny Tim.