Re: [Exim] Re: bug report: exim accepted IP address in MX re…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Russell King
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Re: bug report: exim accepted IP address in MX record
On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 05:35:12PM +0100, Jonathan de Boyne Pollard wrote:
> AB> Well yes, I'm using dnscache. It simply returns the IP address,
> AB> as Nigel said in his post.
>
> FV> So the solution is either to fix dnscache or switch to a
> FV> resolver that is not broken.
>
> ... or to read RFC 1912 section 4.2 and to realise that
> "dnscache" isn't broken, either.

What does:

4.2 Other Resolver and Server bugs

have to do with it? It appears to talk about DNS resolver bugs,
specifically two cases:
1. where queries are sent for IP addresses because the resolver hasn't
realised it's an IP address.
2. TTL problems caused by chaining secondary servers off other
secondary servers.

It doesn't appear to cover the area which you're suggesting it does.
Could you provide additional information?

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/