[Exim] How do you quote the \N sequence in strings?

Author: Eli
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] How do you quote the \N sequence in strings?
I'm trying to wonder... If I have a string that contains \N in it, and I'm
using it somewhere that I have wrapped with \N<text here>\N to prevent any
expansion, how can I safely escape the \N within the text so that it doesn't
get interpreted as the end of the beginning \N?

For example, take this filter:

mail to \Nemail@???\N subject \Nthis is a test\N text \Nthis is some
text\Nand stuff\N

The extra \N in the text of the email would probably be considered the
terminating \N to the first one for the email text. I would then assume
there would be some kind of parsing error or something with regards to the
dangling "and stuff\N" part.

Now, I could just search for \N and remove it, but there could be a time
when someone would want to have that sequence of text somewhere, so I was
hoping maybe I could escape it some how, but I'm not sure which way would
work?

I thought maybe just \\N, but then that could be still seen as \N depending
on how Exim searches for \N in text.

Help? :)

Eli.