Re: [Exim] main config options in exim

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Kostadin Kostadinov
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] main config options in exim
On Apr 7, 2004, at 03:11, Kostadin Kostadinov wrote:
> I put docs of exim up side down but didnt find any description of the
> following which is in update-exim4.conf.conf

This file does _not_ contain the Exim main configuration options; this
file is a Debian-specific file, created by the command
"update-exim4.conf", and used along with your own configuration files
in /etc/exim4/conf.d/ when Exim creates its runtime configuration file
/var/lib/exim4/config.autogenerated upon startup.

The Exim4 main configuration options are spread across files in the
directory /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/. These are documented in the Exim
spec (/usr/share/doc/exim4/spec.txt.gz).

> 1. So could anyone describe what each of the following means
>
> dc_eximconfig_configtype=
> dc_other_hostnames=
> dc_local_interfaces=
> dc_readhost=
> dc_relay_domains=
> dc_minimaldns=
> dc_relay_nets=
> dc_smarthost=

These contain the values you filled in when you configured Exim4
through DebConf.  To change them, run:
    # dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

> 2. What other similar parameters could be added here and what is their
> description?

None. This is the complete list of options used by "update-exim4.conf".

> 3. How could I make exim4 relay outgoing emails to the world and
> incoming
> emails to designated email server in the LAN?

Run "dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config"; when asked about "General type of
mail configuration", choose:
     "mail sent by smarthost; no local mail".

-tor