Re: [Exim] callout verification / tls

Author: gARetH baBB
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] callout verification / tls
On Mon, 5 Apr 2004, Philip Hazel wrote:

> I have added this to the Wish List, but it is a large change, as it
> would require some substantial code changes and re-organization.
> Therefore, it is most unlikely to happen soon.

How about a acl_smtp_datastart ?

That way a tls required acl could be performed after the processes a
callout verify would go through but before any email data (except for the
MAIL FROM/RCPT TO list) has been exchanged.

Not ideal, but probably better than nothing.

And some people might like acl_smtp_datastart for other purposes, I could
imagine rejecting the data after all the rcpts have taken place being
useful.