RE: [Exim] Resending messages

Author: Steffen Heil
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Resending messages
Hi

> I am guessing that you meant '-bm'.

Sure. Sorry.

> In other words - it's the same as no option.

Does this mean the commands are equal then?

> Sure.. with a little bit of shell scripting. For instance, you could feed

something like the following script to 'formail -s scriptname <mbox':

I do not have mboxes. I have mail in maildir format.

> But may I ask what you are trying to do?

A user of mine lost its mailbox. But since I do journaling for him (every
incoming or outgoing message on that server is stored in one single
maildir), he asked me to resend all his messages of the last 2 month.
Actually the information is there, but I do not want to sort them out
manually, since there are a few hundred thousand (in monthly folders).

Is there any preferable way to handle this?

Regards,
Steffen