RE: [Exim] ACL to block specific Hello & IP

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Scott Truman
Para: Odhiambo Washington
CC: Exim Users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] ACL to block specific Hello & IP

That's a handy list. You could include that entire list in your heloreject file if you wish, with slight modification.
i.e [0-9-]+.wan.networktel.net from the list would need the preceding '^' and the 'dots' would need to preceded with a '\' giving us:
^[0-9-]+\.wan\.networktel\.net
Remember though that we are only working with HELOs, not proper FQDN's and they may/will not necessarily follow the source IP...but it is a start. Also, if your list gets too long, you may wish to convert it to db so that it is parsed faster.
The best way, I have found, is to parse your log files through a script such as that supplied below, so you can see the most common HELO's used...I'd be suprised if you don't find that your public IP is not the most common! I have this before my RBL checking and it is currently stopping four times the number of spam/dictionary attack rcpts, than my RBL blocking...all good.

> > If you run a script such as the following against your
> main.log file,
> > you'll see that there are many other stoopid HELOs that you can
> > blacklist by. (You may have to replace "Unknown user" with
> > "unrouteable address" or whatever you have in your config)
> >
> >     grep -i ": Unknown user" /var/log/exim/main.log |
> >     sed 's/^.*H=(//;s/).*$//' |
> >     awk '{ if ($0 in cnt) cnt[$0]++
> >          else cnt[$0] = 1
> >        }
> >        END {
> >          for (hn in cnt) printf "%7d %s\n", cnt[hn], hn
> >        }' |
> >     sort -rn

> > A very 'cheap' and effective method for cutting down on spam before
> > accepting the entire message, especially if a mail server is behind
> > some port forwarded firewall with unhelpful translation (i.e mail
> > appears to come from your firewall's IP).
>
> That command snippet, does it have something missing, especially just
> before the "else"??

I just copied and pasted this from the script I use; are you getting an error?

> Thanks in advance.
>

> -Wash

Cheers
Scott