Re: [Exim] smarthosting exim

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Richard Welty
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] smarthosting exim
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:20:00 -0500 Gypsy Rogers <gypsy@???> wrote:
> I'd like to force a server that uses exim to always relay
> off of our primary mail server when it sends outgoing
> email, I've been informed that Microsoft calls this
> smarthost... Is there a config somewhere to tell the server
> to do this?

that's rather easy. here is what i use on my laptop, with
the caveat that i've changed the ip and domain name
values for the smart host to "standard" example values,
192.0.2.5 and outbound.example.com in this case:

outbound_router:
driver = manualroute
domains = ! +local_domains
route_list = * 192.0.2.5:outbound.example.com
transport = remote_smtp

yes, the value in the route_list can be either an IP or
a domain name. they are tried in left-to-right order, if
i remember correctly.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???