Re: [Exim] not following spamd_address

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Michael Johnson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] not following spamd_address
On Apr 6, 2004, at 4:30 PM, Michael Johnson wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2004, at 4:04 PM, Tor Slettnes wrote:

>>> It's running, but only for the localhost. When I connect from the
>>> machine where it's running, it answers fine. When I try to connect
>>> from any remote machine, I get rejected.
>>
>> You need to start 'spamd' something like '--listen-ip=0.0.0.0' (by
>> default, it listens only to the loopback address 127.0.0.1).
>
> So theoretically, I could get it to listen to a specific IP or is that
> the IP it listens from. Would that be --listen-ip=my.ip.add.ress or
> --listen-ip=rem.ote.ip.addr ? It's not immediately clear.

So, answering my own question with the result from another list, to do
what I want, I need to use the following entry:

/usr/bin/spamd -d -x -L -u nobody --ident-timeout=0 -i 0.0.0.0 -A
###.###.###.###/CIDR-VALUE

I could use for example 10.0.0.0/8 or 192.168.0.0/24 in that place.

It appears the -i is the same as --listen-ip= and you need the ip of
the interface, not the address you want to listed to. The -A gives you
the Allowed IPs which could also be written out with
--allowed-ips=host.

Now, I'm still looking for how to get ClamAV to do the same thing.

-Michael

I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down! This should be every boy's
dream.

                --Bart Simpson