Re: [Exim] Urgent problem: Blanket rejection problem on upgr…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Peter Bowyer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Urgent problem: Blanket rejection problem on upgrade to 4.31
Bruce Richardson <itsbruce@???> wrote:
> Right, yes, so it is. I should have spotted that myself but I've
> spent too much time this morning arguing with people who couldn't
> even see that this is a bug. OK, so the new sender behaviour is
> intentional but the record cacheing is borked (on my set-up, at
> least). Can anybody else duplicate this problem?

Not me - but I could suggest a mucky fix to the source, to restore the old
uncoditional MAIL FROM <> functionality, while someone cleverer than me
fixes it properly...

src/verify.c:415 in 4.31 says:

     smtp_write_command(&outblock, FALSE, "MAIL FROM:<%s>\r\n",
      is_recipient? sender_address : US"") >= 0 &&

And the equivalent line from 4.24 says:

smtp_write_command(&outblock, FALSE, "MAIL FROM:<>\r\n") >= 0 &&

Entirely at your own risk, you could make it stop doing the 'is_recipient'
test, which is how it substitutes the sender address.

Peter