Re: [Exim] Urgent problem: Blanket rejection problem on upgr…

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Urgent problem: Blanket rejection problem on upgrade to 4.31
On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 12:55:15PM +0100, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Normally if recipient callout verification fails then that (single)
> recipient ought to be cached for negative responses to further delivery
> attempts.
>
> In this case verification of the sender is failing during recipient
> callout verification. This is a little interesting because presumably
> the sender should already have been callout verified,

No, it shouldn't. Recipient verification should not automatically
trigger callout sender verification. If I chose to do callout sender
verification, that might avoid that problem but I choose not to. I just
do basic "!verify=sender" verification.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant. -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"