[Exim] Urgent problem: Blanket rejection problem on upgrade …

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Bruce Richardson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim Users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Urgent problem: Blanket rejection problem on upgrade to 4.31
On Friday afternoon I upgraded our gateway box to exim 4.31. That
evening, one of our internal mailstores (for which Exim does
callout/recipient verification) rejected a MAIL FROM because it didn't
like the format of the sender address. From that point on, exim
rejected *all* mail to that domain at the RCPT stage, saying "rejected
RCPT (result of an earlier callout reused)".

If I delete the callout cache, this stops but only until the next time
that the internal mailstore rejects a sender address. I've had to
disable callout/recipient verification while I investigate this. The
problem seems to be

    a)  Exim is now using the original sender address rather than <>
    to do callouts
    b)  Exim is not distinguishing between a rejection of the MAIL
    and RCPT verbs in the context of recipient verification

Here's exim -bV from the upgraded system:

Exim version 4.31 #1 built 31-Mar-2004 17:22:32
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2004
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.2.9: (April 7, 2002)
Support for: iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl GnuTLS
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb dsearch
ldap ldapdn ldapm mysql nis nis0 passwd pgsql
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral iplookup manualroute queryprogram
redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Contains exiscan-acl patch revision 16 (c) Tom Kistner
[http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/]

--
Bruce

What would Edward Woodward do?