Re: [Exim] Drivers and Transports

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Matthew Byng-Maddick
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Drivers and Transports
On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:18:44AM -0800, Doug Jolley wrote:
> I am getting very confused over the usage of the terms 'driver' and
> 'transport' in the Exim documentation. I am told that the term 'driver'

Driver is the name for the code that is run. eg. for all transports that
use some form of SMTP to deliver mail, whatever their other options may
be, they will all be
driver = smtp
or, if you choose to use the cyrus_sasl authenticator, you will have one
authenticator for each of your supported authentication methods, all with
driver = cyrus_sasl

Each transport, router, authenticator is an incarnation of some driver, and
all have their own private data structure with their particular options set
up.

What transport you deliver to is determined by the routing code, which will
specify a transport name. This transport name is then looked up, and the
relevant code is loaded from the driver name. In the default config file,
the transport name is "remote_smtp", where the driver name must be "smtp".

MBM