Re: [Exim] local delivery troubles

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Peter Bowyer
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] local delivery troubles
Michael Johnson <kaiser@???> wrote:
> 2004-04-03 09:48:16 HVLNFA-000M45-97 == michael@???
> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any
> host
>
> It seems, according to the FAQ, that since my earlier attempts were
> going to a misconfigured exim server, ALL the messages are in a retry
> purgatory. So even though I just sent this message out, exim will not
> retry until it thinks it should for all the messages to that host. Do
> I understand that correctly?

Yes. You can encourage it, though, with a command line such as

# exim -qf

which will run the queue and make an immediate retry for all un-frozen
messages.

> Why then would a message sent from a completely different host not
> make it?

Doesn't matter where the messages is from - it's the destination host or MX
which drives the retry pattern. Somewhat sensibly, exim won't try to deliver
a new message if it knows from recent experience that an attempt to deliver
another message to the same place failed.

> I don't see any attempts made in the log.

What queue run interval have you set? You should see a bunch of 'retry time
not reached' in the log every queue run.

Peter