Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP se…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Bruce Richardson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] OT: Need some feed back on Exchange as an SMTP server
On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 11:44:26PM -0500, Christopher Baker wrote:
> I still recommend giving Open Exchange from SuSE. Novell also still has
> GroupWise.

Argh! I hate GroupWise. A huge, hopeless botch of a mail system. It's
another one that keeps its mail in encrypted pseudo-databases (and there
aren't even the third-party tools that you can get for Exchange to make
this halfway bearable). Its support for Internet protocols is bolted on
and broken. GroupWise is also a real pain to administer: only a tiny
range of settings are configurable from the management tools with most
user settings configurable only from the client. The NDS integration is
laughable and quite ridiculous given that this is Novell's own product.
It's also just slow. Avoid!

--
Bruce

I see a mouse. Where? There, on the stair. And its clumsy wooden
footwear makes it easy to trap and kill. -- Harry Hill