Re: [Exim] local delivery troubles

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Peter Bowyer
To: Exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] local delivery troubles
Michael Johnson <kaiser@???> wrote:

<snip>

> In my logs, I'm seeing lines like this:
>
> unable to set gid=20 or uid=501 (euid=1032): local delivery to...

Check permissions on the exim binary - should be suid root:

-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root       771438 Feb 25 22:28 /usr/exim/bin/exim

If it isn't, then it will still be running as the exim user when it comes to
the local delivery, and so won't be able to suid to the local user.

Philip - wishlist - can exim detect this on startup and issue a suitable
error message? It comes up once a week or so here....

Peter