[Exim] local delivery troubles

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Michael Johnson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] local delivery troubles
This is hopefully a very simple problem to solve. It has been a
problem for quite a long time, but since I don't get very much mail at
all on that machine, I've been able to take my time fixing it. =-)

I have 4.30 running on my system. It doesn't want to make the local
delivery for messages which come in. I have my localuser router set up
as follows:

localuser:
driver = accept
check_local_user
transport = local_delivery
cannot_route_message = Unknown user

It is the last item in the routers. The ones before it are for
userforward, real_localuser (nospam-), and spamcheck_router
(SpamAssassin), in that order.

My local_delivery transport looks like:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /var/mail/$local_part
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
group = mail
mode = 0660

I also have remote_smtp, address_pipe, address_file, address_reply,
spamcheck, and mailman_transport.

In my logs, I'm seeing lines like this:

unable to set gid=20 or uid=501 (euid=1032): local delivery to...

This seems to be a permissions problem (Duh!). But even when I change
the group to mail (the group exim runs under, it still fails. I see
other entries like:

failed to read delivery status for michael@??? from delivery
subprocess

and like:

appendfile transport process returned non-zero status 0x0100: exit code
1

This is probably a very simple problem to fix and something I just did
in a boneheaded momentary lapse of consciousness, but I can't figure
out what I did.

Thanks in advance.

-Michael

Computers are incredibly fast, accurate, and stupid. Human beings are
incredibly slow, inaccurate, and brilliant. Together they are powerful
beyond imagination.

                    --Albert Einstein