[Exim] Drivers and Transports

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Doug Jolley
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Drivers and Transports
I am getting very confused over the usage of the terms 'driver' and
'transport'
in the Exim documentation. I am told that the term 'driver' refers to a
collection
consisting of a router and a transport. Yet I see 'driver' being assigned a
definition within the definition of a transport, e.g:

my_transport:
driver = appendfile

Also, for example, in the discussion relating to transport_filter, I see
mention
being made of the appendfile and pipe transports. Yet, I see those terms
being assigned to drivers as illustrated in the above example.

I know it's probably all very clear to you guys; but, if someone could take
moment and help me resolve my confusion, I think it would greatly help my
further study of exim. Right now, every time I see one of those terms my
eyes
sort of glaze over.

Thanks.

      .. doug

Limited-time offer: Fast, reliable MSN 9 Dial-up Internet access FREE for 2
months!