Re: [Exim] Callout problems and callout with another address

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Ian A B Eiloart
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Callout problems and callout with another address
--On Friday, April 2, 2004 9:20 am -0300 Jose de Paula Eufrásio Junior
<jjunior@???> wrote:

> Hello there.
>
> Brazil is hell for a SMTP, definitively(sp?).
>
> I'm using sender callouts in exim 4.30 to help blocking spam from
> sources inside and outside the country, and this method blocks almost
> 60% of UCE every day.
>
> The problem is, some lazy a** so called "admins" block their "<>" to
> "fight spam". This is being a pain, because I'm being forced to remove
> various domains from the callout check.
>
> There's a way to make exim do the callout check using an address
> different from <>?

No, if you call out with another address, then they call out to check that
address, then you call out to check their address, then they..

Where would it end.

> Or any solution aside removing the check from certain
> domains? (some free internet/email providers here are using qmail and
> blocking <>, so it'll be soon a spam nest)...

Most admins will fix it if you let them know what's wrong, in my
experience. If they want to deliver mail to you, let them whitelist you -
they're breaking the RFC.

Their mail is broken in many ways. Their clients can't get bounced
messages, or receipt verification messages, so they have no way of knowing
what is happening to their mail. They also can't get properly configured
vacation messages. And they can't deliver mail to ANY domain that does
sender verification callouts. Right now, I reckon, sender verification
blocks more spam than denying bounce messages.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team