Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_quit ?

Author: Wakko Warner
To: Giuliano Gavazzi
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_quit ?
Keep me in CC

> I could give you the reason behind this apparently odd request (a
> better greylisting mechanism for instance), but I limit myself asking
> what do you think about adding a QUIT phase acl. Its result would of
> course be ignored, actually, and the connection would be closed as it
> is now, but the content of the acl would be executed. For instance in
> the case of greylisting one could add the sender/ip pair to the
> database *only if* the peer *does* issue a QUIT.

I have not checked my logs, but do spammers just drop and run? If so, I can
see how this could help grey listing. Subtracting points in greylist
perhaps for people who properly say QUIT.

One thing that exim does that I noticed is if you give anything after quit
it gives a 501 error. Sendmail does not do this.