Re: [Exim] Compilation problem with Exim 4.31 and BerkeleyDB

Author: Chris Meadors
To: Bo-Lina teknisk support
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Compilation problem with Exim 4.31 and BerkeleyDB
Bo-Lina teknisk support wrote:
> Hello.
>
> When I do add CFLAGS=-lpthread I get this error message instead:
> /exim-4.31# make

That looks right.

> make[1]: Entering directory `/exim-4.31/build-Linux-i386'
> /bin/sh ../scripts/Configure-os.h
> /bin/sh ../scripts/Configure-os.c
> gcc -lpthead -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include -o buildconfig
> buildconfig.c -lnsl -lcrypt
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthead
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [buildconfig] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/exim-4.31/build-Linux-i386'
> make: *** [go] Error 2

But it looks like you copied and pasted my mistake, it should be
-lpthread, I missed the 'r' when I first replied.

>>You need to link against libpthread. Somewhere in the build
>>configuration files, add a "-lpthead" to the CFLAGS. That'll fix it.

I hope you don't mind me putting this back on the list, as I need to
correct a mistake I made in my first reply. As I said, it should be
-lpthread. Time to go to sleep. :)

--
Chris