Re: [Exim] Only One Problem left in EXIM 4.30

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Silly Billy, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Only One Problem left in EXIM 4.30
At 9:01 pm -0800 2004/03/31, Silly Billy wrote:
>Dear Derrick,
>              Thankssss for your kind help to solve my
>problems ...
>Now my local as wel as WAN mail delivery is working
>fine in EXIM 4.30. But now the only problem i am
>facing is that ..

>when ever i send mail from root@??? to
>root@??? it generate this type of error ...
>here is a log file error message of my EXIM 4.30
>
>EXIM LOG:
>
>2004-04-01 09:43:12 1B8u2q-0000GM-QK <=
>root@??? H=localhost (test.tlp
>k.com) [127.0.0.1] P=esmtp S=501
>id=200404010442.i314g0Hw000958@???
>2004-04-01 09:43:13 1B8u2q-0000GM-QK User 0 set for
>local_delivery transport is on the fixed_never_users
>list
>
>So, Derrick could you solve this one too .... i'm much
>obliged.

from spec.txt (that you could have looked up)

never_users                   Type: string list                Default: unset

     Local message deliveries are normally run in processes that are setuid to
     the recipient, and remote deliveries are normally run under Exim's own uid
     and gid. It is usually desirable to prevent any deliveries from running as
     root, as a safety precaution.

     When Exim is built, an option called FIXED_NEVER_USERS can be set
to a     |
     list of users that must not be used for local deliveries. This
list is     |
     fixed in the binary and cannot be overridden by the configuration
file. By |
     default, it contains just the single user name 'root'. The
"never_users"   |
     runtime option can be used to add more users to the fixed list.

     If a message is to be delivered as one of the users on the fixed
list or   |
     the "never_users" list, an error occurs, and delivery is
deferred. A       |
     common example is

       never_users = root:daemon:bin

obviously the answer to your problem is *not* to change
FIXED_NEVER_USERS at compile time, but something else, that does not
require re-compilation, and that I leave to you as an exercise.
[as a hint, you should never be logged in as root, certainly not to
check email, but still you must be able to read mail for root, as
some processes send mail to it...]

(Oh, and could you please sign with your real name..)

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/