Re: [Exim] [Newbie] local delivery not working

Author: Bruce Richardson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [Newbie] local delivery not working
On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 06:06:50PM +0200, Robert Cerny wrote:
> Uhh,
> how could it be? cerny.dataline.cz is my machine...

It's a remote delivery in the sense that the delivery is being attempted
via SMTP over tcp/ip. The fact that it is your box trying to deliver to
itself is incidental ;) It indicates that the message isn't getting to
the local delivery router but is being handled by some other router. I
notice that your local delivery router doesn't do any checks like

    domains = +local_domains

so I assume that it must be the last router and the checks in previous
routers weed out everything else. Are you sure that your router(s) for
remote delivery isn't also trying to deliver for your local domains?
Does your remote router have a line like this:

    domains = ! +local_domains

Note: local_domains isn't a built-in variable, it's just a common name
that people use for their list of local domains.

--
Bruce

A problem shared brings the consolation that someone else is now
feeling as miserable as you.