Re: [Exim] How can I send mail with attach MIME?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Nigel Metheringham
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] How can I send mail with attach MIME?
On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 16:33, Tim Jackson wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:54:32 -0300 Magno Weege de Oliveira wrote:
> > Let me explain right. I need to attach some files and send this by email
> > with From:, To:, subject, preformated! just it!
>
> I understand what you're trying to do. However, you can't do it using just
> Exim. You need some kind of other script or software.

Caution - strained analogy coming up....

Think of exim as being the mail delivery infrastructure - ie the local
post box and delivery office. You can drop a set of unwrapped objects
into a post box but don't expect it to do anything sensible with them.
You need to get an envelope and/or parcel wrapping kit to build your
message into a form where the postal service can deliver it in a
reasonable condition (however exim doesn't not tend to play football
with packages marked fragile and never steals the messages even if they
look valuable...)

    Nigel.