Re: [Exim] DomainKeys

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Bruce Richardson
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] DomainKeys
On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 04:29:29PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 16:54 +0200, Nico Erfurth wrote:
> > Silmar A. Marca wrote:
> >
> > > Have a .conf with example of "DomainKeys" in exim?
> >
> > Is there any public document about the implementation?
>
> Not that I'm aware of.
>
> > A quick search on google brought nothing up. But I'm very sceptical
> > about all the sender verification stuff. Especially the problems they
> > bring up.
>
> DomainKeys isn't as broken as CID and SPF are. Those attempt to 'verify'
> the SMTP reverse-path by making flawed assumptions.

The broken-ness of SPF depends on what you are trying to use it for. As
was discussed only recently, there are SPF records for the Altavista
domains showing that no mail for those domains is valid. I don't see
how a system using SPF simply to check for domains that shouldn't be
sending mail at all could be classed as broken.

I still have hopes for SPF, if they can be persuaded to abandon the
bloody-awful SRS mechanism and look at other ways of using SPF as a
compoment of the overall mail architecture.

--
Bruce

Bitterly it mathinketh me, that I spent mine wholle lyf in the lists
against the ignorant. -- Roger Bacon, "Doctor Mirabilis"