Re: [Exim] How can I send mail with attach MIME?

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] How can I send mail with attach MIME?
Hi Magno, on Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:47:08 -0300 you wrote:

> I wanna encode a file (MIME - base64) and attach it to send after....

This isn't really an Exim issue. Constructing MIME messages isn't Exim's
job - its job is to process the messages *after* they've been constructed.
You probably need to look at some kind of scripting, such as Perl's MIME
Tools, or PHP's Mail_Mime module.

> I try this:
> uuencode -m file.txt | exim -f "" localmail@???

That's going to uuencode it, not make it into a message with MIME parts
(as you found). Uuencoding is used relatively rarely these days, so you
probably don't want "uuencode". As above, look into some kind of script or
software that can help you to construct MIME messages.

Tim