[Exim] Re: [Exim-dev] Exim4.31+PostgreSQL problem

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Mikhail Ts
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] Re: [Exim-dev] Exim4.31+PostgreSQL problem
[Moved from exim-dev to exim-users, since this looks like a user
problem.]

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Mikhail Ts wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having dificulties using Exim 4.31 with PostgreSQL 7.4.2: it
> "rejects" messages sent to local domains that are listed in DB table.
> It actually drops them entirely without any trace in logs. PostgreSQL
> log shows normal query excecution. Weird: it works fine in debugging
> mode, it just doesn't want in normal.

I am not a pgsql expert. The Exim test suite does, however, do some
simple tests, including a delivery. However, I have only PostgreSQL
7.3.2 installed here.

Have you upgraded PostgreSQL from a previous release? If so, are you
sure that the header file Exim is using is for the new release? Check
that you have only one set of pgsgl headers and libraries.

I am a bit worred about your "without trace in logs". Exim should either
delivery a message and log the fact, or, if something crashes, it should
leave the message on the spool. If it removed the message without
delivering and without logging anything, it is *really* weird. Likewise
the fact that debugging works and "reality" doesn't. That almost sounds
as if you have got two different versions of Exim around...

The last time the pgsql.c module was modified was for Exim 4.20, and
that was a very small change. I believe there are people using
PostgreSQL happily with Exim.

If nothing else works, I suggest you remove *every trace* of both
PostgreSQL and Exim from your host, and re-install them both.