Re: [Exim] [Newbie] local delivery not working

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Robert Cerny
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [Newbie] local delivery not working
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Robert Cerny wrote:

> Hi folks,
> sorry for newbie's question. I set up an exim 4.31 on MacOS X 10.3.3
> client. Sending emails works as expected but I'm unable to receive
> mails. Watching exim started in command line I found that the mails are
> correctly received by it, but stuck inside of /var/spool/exim/input.
> Also, executing exim -bp results in list of received mails. Could
> anyone point me to the right direction?

The Exim log (probably in /var/spool/exim/log/mainlog) will tell you
*why* they aren't being delivered. For further information, run a
delivery with debugging turned on:

exim -d -M <message id>

If you are getting a specific error message, consult the FAQ; many of
them are listed there. The FAQ is online via www.exim.org. It has a KWIC