Re: [Exim] exim or other error

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Leonardo Boselli
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] exim or other error
Il 30 Mar 2004 alle 15:45 Chris Meadors immise in rete
> Nope, the problem is with altavista. Just to sum up what you said
> again:
> $ host altavista.com
> altavista.com has address 209.73.164.90
> $ host -t mx altavista.com
> altavista.com mail is handled by 0 .

no, it say tha MX 0 (maximum priority) is handled by " . "
altavista.it.           4037    IN      MX      0 .
of course "." cannot resolve to any host (or all ... it is the whole internet).
A fix could be to accept it as been the A record for the domain, and send
to the A record.
It would be as if it had been:
altavista.it.           4037    IN      MX      0
that however is a DNS record illegal.
this could be an interesting notation for example as:
.... MX 20 .
     MX 10 mail
that could signify ro use mail.domain as primary mx, but if it is broken
use the A record for the domain as secondary
(there are better way ... but be strict on which you send and be lenient on
what you get !)

--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile