[Exim] possible buglet: maildrop and exim quota disagreement

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Anand Buddhdev
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] possible buglet: maildrop and exim quota disagreement
I'm testing exim 4.31, with Maildir deliveries and quotas. Exim seems
to allow one more file than the value set in quota_filecount. If for
example, my quota_filecount is set to 5, then exim allows 6 files to
be delivered to the Maildir before deferring deliveries.

I also have maildrop installed on my system, and that honours the
filecount value I set. So after 5 messages are delivered, maildrop
won't deliver any more.

This can be demonstrated by creating a "maildirsize" file containing
just "5C" in it, and then delivering to it with maildrop. On
attempting to deliver the 6th message, maildrop will give the error
message "maildrop: maildir over quota.".

Then remove the messages from the Maildir, configure exim with the
following transport:

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
directory = $home/Maildir
maildir_format
maildir_tag = ,S=$message_size
maildir_use_size_file
quota = 1M
quota_filecount = 5

and attempt to deliver messages. Exim will allow 6 messages through
before deferring delivery. Is this a bug?

--
Anand Buddhdev
Celtel International